IPC Senior Executive Forum on Direct Mail, Fukuoka, Japan, October 2010
This forum focused on campaign database management and developing lighthouse examples of how to reposition direct mail. In advance of the forum, all participants were requested to complete and return to IPC a detailed questionnaire on direct mail volume trends and forecasts in their respective countries.
To facilitate our discussions, IPC shared the results of research commissioned at the end of 2009 in Europe where we conducted qualitative surveys with a selection of the top 100 advertisers in four markets, together with specialist direct marketing agencies and media. We also shared the learning from a leading European digital media agency and from a global FMCG company on cross media integration.
- Executive Summary
- Delegate Group Photo
- Welcome and Introduction: Jane Dyer, director, markets and communication, IPC
- Overview of the Asia-Pacific Regional Advertising Market: Jane Dyer, director, markets and communication, IPC
- Innovations and Trends in Digital Marketing in Asia: Mark Harrison, head of markets, IPC
- Developments in Europe and the Relevance to Asia: Mark Harrison, head of markets, IPC
- Case Studies: Direct Mail and Social Media Integration; Success, Difficulties, Learning: Naoki Nakashima, executive officer, Japan Post
- Case Studies: Direct Mail and Social Media Integration; Success, Difficulties, Learning: Danny Por, senior manager of product management, SingPost
- How to Reposition Direct Mail in Asia - Case Studies and Perspectives from TNT: Anthony Hong, general manager, TNT Mail China
- Initiatives in DM: Suchada Buddharuksa, vice president of mail and logistics market department, Thailand Post
- Campaign Management Experience and Expertise - Summary of the Norwegian Post Subsidiary, Bring Dialog: Mark Harrison, head of markets, IPC
- How to Reposition Direct Mail in Asia - Case Studies and Perspectives from DHL: Junichi Kato, managing director, DHL GlobalMail Japan
- Digital Full Service Agency Presentation - A European Digital Native Full Service Agency Specialising in Cross-Media and Database Management: Mark Harrison, head of markets, IPC
- European Customer Presentation - Web-centric Communications Platform Combining Direct Mail, Nivea - Customer Experience on B2C Marketing and the Changing Dynamics for Managing Customer Relationships: Mark Harrison, head of markets, IPC
IPC Senior Executive Forum on Direct Mail, Brussels, June 2010
Key discussions were the understanding of the impact of growth in electronic communications, exploration of the scope for cross-media campaigns and opportunities for direct mail. Prior to this forum, IPC commissioned research at the end of 2009 in four European countries (Spain, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands) with a selection of the top 100 advertisers in each market, together with specialist direct marketing agencies and media.
The forum also featured presentations from Emakina, a leading European digital full service agency and from Beirsdorf on how direct mail was successfully being used as a complementary element of their web-based communication strategy.
Available to IPC members are a summary of the proceedings, the forum's presentations, debate and conclusions, the action points agreed and the strategic challenges to be resolved:
- Executive Summary
- Contact List
- Delegate Feedback and Comments
- Findings of the IPC Direct Marketing Intelligence 2009 Qualitative Study : Pedro Zaragoza, managing director, SynapsesQuali
- Web Centric Communications at Beiersdorf : Anna Grassano, group brand manager, Nivea and Audrey Flament, direct marketing & internet manager
- Digital Full Service Agency : Sammy Colson, partner and general manager, Emakina Media