IPC Senior Executive Forums are exclusive events in which top postal executives have an international forum to meet, share viewpoints, and exchange opinions. The objective is to gain strategic insights from a peer group of experts.
SEF on e-commerce & the consumer in 2020 examined opportunities for posts from growth in cross-border online shopping
On 18-19 October 2011, the IPC Senior Executive Forum on e-commerce and the consumer in 2020 gathered senior postal executives from 14 IPC members from Europe and Australasia as well as Japan Post to discuss the major opportunities open to postal operators from the exponential growth in global e-commerce.
Guest speakers included Christoph Homann, eBay’s Director of Shipping in Europe, and Pieter Van Bastelaere of Belgian retail trade representative body Comeos discussed e-retailers’ requirements from delivery companies in both domestic and cross-border e-commerce. Both emphasised how posts can help grow e-commerce by building consumer trust through providing standardised services, offering trackability and delivering on consumer expectations, while offering the right price for business partners and e-retailers.
Documents and Presentations:
- Executive Summary
- Feedback Analysis
- IPC Presentations : Jane Dyer, Director, Markets and Communication, IPC and Mark Harrison, Head of Markets, IPC
- E-commerce in Belgium : Pieter Van Bastelaere, Sector Manager, Head of Comeos Commerce Summit 2012, Comeos
- International Postal Conference : Christoph Homann, Director, Shipping, eBay Europe
- How the Post is Integrating Social Media to Stimulate and Grow E-commerce : Aku Happo, Vice President, Itella
- Actions to Assist SMEs in Trading Effectively : Stefan Luginbühl, Head of Courier, Express & Parcels, SwissPost
- New Zealand Post Enabling International Trade : Mark Lawley, General Manager International, New Zealand Post
- Social Media : John Acton, Executive Vice President, Le Groupe La Poste
- Cross-Border Parcels: the Grass is Always Greener … Abroad : Boris Mayer, Senior Vice President, Deutsche Post DHL
- Receiver Orientation, Exploitation of Synergies and International Business Development : Thomas Bissels, Head of Sales & Marketing, Parcels & Logistics, Austria Post
- What can we do in a changing world : Levente Laszlo, Executive Director, International Sales, Magyar Posta
- Cross Border E-Commerce Japan’s Case : Shuji Obu, Executive Officer, Japan Post Service