Pursue technical designs that provide a secure and stable IT technical platform for operating IPC’s services. Implement, modify and operate the underlying IT platform required to run the IPC applications and services.
Section: Technology Operations / Operations
Service: IT Operations
Reports hierarchically to: Head of Technology Operations
Reports functionally to: Head of Technology Operations
Directly: Monitoring team, Release Center team and Technology Expert & Engineering Center team
Back-up: Head of Technology Operations
- Participate and lead weekly meetings with outsourcing company
- Lead the operations IT teams
- Provide guidance in and participate in technical decisions
- Pursue solutions maintaining and augmenting the stability of the IT platform
- Manage incidents and problems
- Create and manage changes
- Implement new technical solutions to support existing or new services
- Implement security improvements and verify that security principles/procedures are applied
- Manage and maintain data flows feeding IPC systems and services
- Verify that delivered solutions comply with the requests
- Verify that monitoring is in place and proper actions are taken
- Integrate new architecture in “As-Is” landscape
- Implement various plans (Patching, Disaster Recovery, Backup …)
- Day-to-day service management (changes, problems, incidents)
- Day-to-day Operations team management
- Implement proactive solutions increasing the responsiveness to incidents and securing the systems stability maximizing the application/services uptime
- Implement security measures in accordance to the IPC policies
- Deliver systems, code, scripts, designs
- RESULT AREA 1:
Service management: ensure that requests, incidents, problems are managed according to the IPC principles
- RESULT AREA 2:
Technical lead: lead the Operations team, ensure the work/solution is delivered with high quality and meets the customers expectation, address technical concerns, provide ideas and suggestions to problems/challenges
- RESULT AREA 3:
Plan and design technology solutions in line with the requirements. Evaluate and select the appropriate software and hardware technologies. Integrate/embed technologies in the IT landscape facilitating the adoption and providing efficiencies to a wider range of applications and services.
- RESULT AREA 4:
Monitor performance and capacity of IT platform consumed by the IPC services/applications. Provide guidance and seek for solutions to meet customer expectations and secure system stability.
- INTERNAL CONTACTS
Exchange of information: Directors, Head of Departments, IPC Managers, IPC Staff
Negotiations with: Heads of Departments, IPC Managers
- EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Exchange of information: IPC members, Data-Centre provider
Negotiations with: Data-Centre provider
Knowledge and experience:
1. Training: Service Orientated Architecture, Solution Designer, Togaf, ITIL
5 or more years’ experience in architecting, designing and developing distributed, scalable and reliable systems
Experience in Java Enterprise platform, messaging technologies, large relational databases (Oracle, Exadata), web technologies.
Experience in performance analysis and implementing performance improvements
Experience in automating system deployments including monitoring capabilities
Experience in coaching and guiding engineers
Experience with outsourcing companies (datacentre supplier, nearshore development) Experience with ITIL processes
Specific qualifications: VMware, SAN, NAS technologies
Common protocols: HTTP/S, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SFTP, FTP(s), AS2
High level Firewall administration, loadbalancers (Checkpoint, F5, Sophos)
MS Windows 7, 10, 2012 and 2016, Including AD concepts. MS Office and Visio
Knowledge of LINUX OS (Redhat and derivatives)
Programming concepts and languages (Java, Perl, Python, Bash)
High level understanding of MS-SQL, MS-Exchange, Apache, Tomcat, Citrix
Good understanding of Oracle, Exadata, RAC, backups
Outsourcing & service management
EDI/XML file exchange, validation and transformation (Axway)
Languages: Excellent command of spoken/written English, proficiency in at least one other major European language desirable.
Analytical approach with an eye for detail. Solution driven and pragmatic mindset.
Able to multi-task. Team player and good listener.
Good/clear communication skills. Ability to summarize the essentials in a clear manner.
Ability to think ahead and anticipate to problems, issues.
Essential: identify and analyse problems, come up with creative solutions. “Can-do” attitude. Flexible and work with little guidance. Has an eye for work!
Desirable: strategic thinking, good understanding of the postal sector.
If you are interested in the vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org