How does it work?
Linking 279 postal call centres globally in 185 countries, IPC’s Global Customer Service System is a unique platform in the postal industry. IPC’s GCSS is a web-based application enabling the exchange of inquiries between postal operators’ customer service departments. The system allows immediate action on customer queries as the customer service agents of posts can directly connect to share queries and information which is automatically complemented by detailed item event tracking history. GCSS sets response targets to ensure a timely resolution of these queries.
GCSS features, among other functionalities:
- A document and information exchange platform to enable prompt inquiry resolution
- A platform enabling the monitoring and continuous improvement of postal customer experience
- User-friendly message lists and alerts for Postal Operator’s call centres
- Interface with call centres’ local systems available (e.g. CRM)
- Provision of item-related information
- Automatic inclusion of the latest tracking information within inquiries
- Full tracking tool (on item and international transport level) from the starting point of an inquiry
- Various reference pages
- A variety of performance reports
Underpinning key international postal products
GCSS supports many different international delivery services and networks such as:
- Registered, Insured, Exprès (PRIME)
- Express Mail Service (EMS) and Kahala Posts Group (KPG)
- E-Parcel Group (EPG)
- INTERCONNECT (Standard Packets, Standard Parcels and Premium)
Fixed set of procedures and targets
The system is designed around a fixed set of procedures with agreed response targets for each supported service and network. Each query in the system uses predefined sections where the call center agent enters specific information, supplied by the inquiring customer. The data on the item ID is automatically populated from the IPC CAPE system (tracking).
When the information in the inquiry is complete, it is sent to the destination postal operator’s call centre.
IPC BI tool for GCSS
IPC’s BI Tool allows customer service management to monitor and assess their own call centres performances, in terms of efficiency and quality, detect issues, investigate bottlenecks and drill down into workflow data.
IPC’s BI (business intelligence) Tool provides a single reporting platform across all of IPC’s centralized data, enabling a faster more reliable means of applying the same report query methodology and calculation rules. IPC’s BI tool offers managers of participating posts:
- trends reports overview of on-time performance, workflow duration, response times, etc. and,
- tailor-made reports (Visual Insights) where users can generate views based upon a wide range of GCSS database parameters.
To find out more about the Global Customer Service System, contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the tool
Customer Service best practices
Agents and managers who are working with the INTERCONNECT GCSS can access a comprehensive description of the Customer Service best practices
Click here (members only)